Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cats


Hi everydoggy, Gidget here. It's been a pretty exciting couple
of weeks here at the Duke and Gidget household. It all started
the weekend before last when The Crazy Man Who Lives Next
Door invited us over for a backyard fire. We just love the
Crazy Man, so we were very excited to go.

Our old pal Kahlua was there, so we spent some time catching
up with her. And we also made a new friend. Her name is
Jessica, but from now on we are going to be calling her
The (somewhat) Crazy Lady Who Lives Next Door. That's
right, The Crazy Man finally got hooked up. We are very
happy for him, but I must admit I am just a little bit
jealous. I always thought The Crazy Man was sweet on me.


So anyways, I was sniffing around The Crazy Man's deck,
just minding my own business, when suddenly I looked up
and realized that just on the other side of the glass door
was a cat! I had never seen a cat in person before, but I
have seen some on TV. So needless to say, I went ballistic,
barking up a storm and scratching at the door. When Duke
heard all the commotion he came running up and joined me.
The cat just sat there and hissed at us. I don't know why
he did that, I just wanted to play with it. I suspect Duke had
more devious plans though.


So as if that wasn't enough excitement for one pug, a
couple days later we were taking a walk around the
neighborhood, and I saw another cat! I was just walking
up the sidewalk, and he came out from behind a recycling
bin. We were nose to nose. And this time there was no
glass door to separate us. I think he was just as shocked
as I was. We both just stood there for a couple seconds
looking at each other, but then the cat must have realized
what was going on, cuz he took off running. I tried to run
after him, but unfortunately I was on a leash. So I didn't
get very far. And the funniest part about it was that Duke
never even saw the cat. It all happened so fast that he
never even realized what happened. When I told him
about it later, he said the cat was lucky he didn't see it.
Personally, I think the cat could take him.

So anyways, that is what we have been up to lately.
Sniffin' butts and chasing cats. Yep, it is definitely as
much fun as it sounds!

Pug Hugs ~ Gidget

P.S. We would also like to extend a big, warm
Duke & Gidget greeting to our new neighbor,
The (somewhat) Crazy Lady Who Lives Next Door,
and her Crazy cats. Welcome to the neighborhood!

9 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Puddleglum said...

Watch out for the cats-- they are evil! And wicked. And they scratch.

But some humans like them, so what can you do?

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Peanut said...

Cats are evil wicked creatures. Stay as far away from them as you can. Welcome to the Jessica the somewhat crazy lady who lives next door. Anyone who hooks up with the crazy man has to be a little off.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Clover said...

Welcome to the (somewhat) crazy lady and her cat!!
I have only met a couple of cats... they seem ok. Keep us posted about future encounters. :)
Love Clover xo

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Our mom almost took leave of her senses and adopted a cat a month or so ago. Lucky for us (and the cat too) he decided to pull up stakes and move on!
Ozzie & Rocky

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Duke and Gidget!
Sniffing butts and chasing cats sounds good to me!
Welcome to the Crazy Lady Who Lives Next Door!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Jen and Suki said...

Cats!? Yikes! Don't be too jelly about the new Crazy Lady Who Lives Next Door because she looks like the type of person who would give out treats by the dozen.

Also I got a big brother last weekend and guess who he looks like? YOUR brother, Duke! But waaay fatter. His tongue is super long too.

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tag you are it! Come by our blog at www.lepug.com to see the details.

Pug Licks & Kisses!

Porky & Brownie

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Bernard Hinault Lilje said...

We love (somewhat) crazy lady who lives next door with cats-- my dad says that mom is crazy too!! and that when they started dating he didnt know she had cats and she could'a been the crazy cat lady, until he 'rescued' her.
However-- i love cats-- you must get chance to say 'hi' properly.LOL

bernard

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger Le Mops said...

i never saw a cat until we moved to seattle. they are everywhere!!!!

*snorT*
Le Mops

 

Post a Comment

<< Home