Friday, November 10, 2006

Duke's Big Adventure

Last night was a very weird night. It started out OK though. I scored one of those square fuzzy things from the closet floor, and I took off running with it. Dad was trying to catch me, but he didn't stand a chance. I have got some pretty good moves, and the old man is well past his prime. After a little while Gidget started chasing me too, so I decided to eat the square fuzzy thing. No way was I sharing it with Gidget!

Right after that though, Mom made me drink some really nasty stuff. Yuk. That was not fun. Then Mom & Dad just sat on the floor looking at me all weird. They were really starting to freak me out! I couldn't figure out what their problem was. After we sat there for a while, they put my harness on me. Yippee! We're going for a car ride! And I got to sit in the front seat! I never get to sit up front. Gidget would have been so jealous.

So anyway, I was having great fun up in the front seat, but then we stopped at one of those places that have the metal tables. I don't like metal tables at all. Something bad usually happens to me when they make me sit on a metal table. I was shaking like a leaf and wishing I could just go home. Then, to my utter disbelief, Mom & Dad just abandoned me there. I couldn't believe it. What could they be thinking leaving me with these strange people? Fortunately, I am a people Pug, so I got along great with these new people.

After a little while, I got very tired and fell asleep. I missed my bed, but I was so sleepy that I couldn't keep my eyes open. I slept for a little while then I woke up feeling all groggy. And my throat was sore. And I was still in a strange place. I was starting to wonder if I was ever going to go home. So I hung out with the new people for a little while, then finally Dad showed up. Whew! What a relief. He hadn't forgot about me after all. I was sooo ready to go home. I missed Mom and Dad, and believe it or not, I also missed Gidget.

So anyway, Dad took me home and I got to ride in the front seat again! I was pretty tired though, so I mostly just slept. When we finally got home, I was so happy that I chased Gidget around the house for a while. But then I got real sleepy again and decided to take a nap on MY OWN COUCH! Woooohoooo for my own couch!

All in all, it was quite an adventure, but I don't think I want to do it again anytime soon. I would much rather just hang out at home. Oh and also, for some reason I now feel really fresh and static-free. Go figure. I just wish Gidget would stop calling me Mr. Cling-free.

Duke out


At 12:41 AM, Blogger Kara said...

No more square fuzzy things for you Dukie! You scare us!

At 2:00 AM, Blogger rpm said...

Glad you are okay!! You better kiss your mom and dad for taking care of you.

At 2:41 AM, Blogger Winston said...

Hey Duke,
That does sound like fun, where can I find these sqare thingies?? Also, I don't feel like the fresh and static free thing is anything new, you always seem quite noble in appearance, if I may say so.

The Grand Duke

At 12:24 AM, Blogger ***Willow&Belle's Mom*** said...

great story! WIllow and Belle get excited about going places too..but as soon as we turn into the vet parking lot..they are no longer excited..they know how you feel.

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Pug Mommy said...

Hey Duke! We are so glad you are ok. Stick to pugs treats and toys from now on, ok?

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Rocco's Mom said...

Wow Duke, that is an adventure. I'm glad you're ok and enjoy your static free status, as it will wear off in a few days. :-)

At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said... glad you are well from such an adventure. I have to watch the fuzzy things around here to and the wipes I use to clean folds with. For some reason they attempts to grab and run with them.

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Duke & Gidget said...

Thanks for all your comments and concern everybody. I definitely learned my lesson. From now on I will stick to just eating the furniture.



Post a Comment

<< Home