Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Taking It Easy

Wow, I can't believe it's been almost a week since our last post. Time sure does fly when you are sitting around doing nothing. Actually, the lack of posts was not our fault. Dad was locked in the computer room all weekend working on some "top secret" project, and he wouldn't let us in. He really uses those opposable thumbs to his advantage.

But anyway, I just wanted to check in and give everybody a brief update on Gidget. She has been taking it easy all weekend. Mom & Dad won't even let her jump on and off the couch by herself. And she does seem to be doing better. I've only noticed her limping one time since she went to the vet, and she is pretty confident that she will not need surgery. Whatever she decides, I just hope it gets fixed quick so I can get my playmate back. And now that we know what the symptoms are, it's pretty obvious that she has had this problem for quite some time. She has always done the little leg shake when she gets going, and I always thought it was just because she was weird. Now we know it was most likely due to her Luxtable Plantation thingy. Or whatever it's called. So anyway, we're just going to keep taking it easy for a while, and we'll know more next week when she goes back to the vet.

On another note, we realize that we have been tagged by multiple doggies, and we will address that on our next post. If Dad ever lets us back in the computer room that is. And last but definitely not least, we want to give a big shoutout to our Grandma, who turns 75 tomorrow.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!
WE LOVE YOU!

Duke Out

12 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Winston said...

Yay Gidgey,
I knew you would be just fine!! Once you're at 100% you can show Duke who the boss of the house is! What is the "top secret project"?? I am dying of suspense.

The Grand Duke

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Balboa said...

Yeah, Happy Birthday Grandma!

I'm glad Gidget is feeling better!

Frenchie Kisses,
Balboa

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Lorenza said...

Hi, Duke.
Happy to hear that Gidget is better. I hope she will not need that surgery.
I wish a Happy Birthday to your Grandma!
Have a good night
Lorenza

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Peanut said...

YaY Gidget no surgery would be great. Tell you dad to stay out of the computer room. Happy Birthday to your grandma.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Boo Casanova said...

gidget is a tough girl, we all know she'll be alright!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DUKE & GIDGET'S GRANDMA!

wet wet licks

Boo

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Glad to hear Gidget is doing better. We have been thinking about you guys and are keeping our fingers crossed that surgery won't be necessary.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Page said...

Gidget, I'm so glad you are feeling better!! You're too cute to be sick! Oh, and happy birthday to your grandma!!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Oh, Sweet Gidget! I have been offline for so long that I didn't even know of your ailment until now. I am so sorry to hear that you are hurting. I hope you get better soon! Pug hugs to you, and sloppy kisses too ;)

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Ruby Bleu said...

No surgery...yay. Glad you are doing better Gidget...keep taking it easy girl. Have Duke and your 'rents do everything for you!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Glad Gidget will be okay, paws still crossed. Happy Birthday to Duke and Gidgets Grandma.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Winston said...

Hey Guys,
I forgot to mention that I tagged you to select you celebrity look-a-likes. Good Luck

The Grand Duke

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Hi Gidget, we are glad to hear you are feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home