Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Vet Trip

Mom found a spot down around my, ahem, nether-regions, so being the totally over-protective pug mom that she is, off to the vet we went. I'm not very fond of the vet, but I sure do love the people there. When we got there, the ladies all came running out to pet me and love me up. They were swooning all over me. Hey, when you got it, you got it. Everything seemed to be going great right up until the time they put the thermometer in a place that is supposed to be an exit only. Then I remembered why I don't like going to the vet. grrrr. But anyway, it turns out the spot might be ringworm, but they won't know for sure until they get their tests back. As if that wasn't bad enough, the vet also said that I had gained a couple pounds. I find this very hard to believe. I don't think I get nearly enough food as it is. And now, I am going to get even less?! This can not be right. There must be a problem with the scale. I am a lean mean fighting machine, and I need lots and lots of treats. Maybe if I do some pug-arobics, I can drop a few pounds and get back to my normal treat filled diet. I better go call Richard Simmons.
Duke Out

5 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Gus said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. I hate the thermometer too! One time I tried to sit down on it. That is not a recommended move.

Gus

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Sandy said...

What a good looking duo you two are...no themometers unless they go in the ear...if they make them for humans, why can't they make them for pugs?

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Duke and Gidget said...

Ouch! I feel for you Gus, sitting on the thermometer does NOT sound like a good time. I agree with RPM, the ear does sound like a much better place to insert the thermometer. And I also agree that we are a good looking duo! hehehe

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger My Pugs Blogger said...

I hope it's nothing to worry about! Meimei and Miko get baby carrots and apple slices for treats - maybe that's a good alternative to (fatty) cookies? They love them!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Duke and Gidget said...

Yep, we just got carrots for the first time last night. I inhaled mine before I even knew what they were. Gidget on the other hand, is somewhat finnicky (I call it stuck up) when it comes to her food. She just stood there and looked at it with a disapointed look on her face. Oh well, more for me!
Duke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home