Monday, November 20, 2006

Supper Time

Dinner time around here is quite a ritual. First, Duke and I both get to go upstairs into the kitchen while Mommy and/or Daddy prepare our meal. I get my supper in a special Old Navy bowl, and Duke gets his in what is basically a molded piece of tin. Duke will eat out of anything but I will ONLY eat out of my own special bowl.

So anyway, while our meals are being prepared, I bark like a crazy Pug and Duke licks the dishwasher. Once the meals are ready, my bowl is put on the kitchen floor and Duke's bowl is brought downstairs to the family room. Mommy thinks it is best if we are separated during mealtime to avoid any, shall we say, conflicts. Once we have finished our meals (this usually takes Duke around 30 seconds) we both get an after-dinner treat and we go outside to take care of business. This process has worked well for us for quite some time now. At least until the other night, that is.

Daddy made the mistake of putting Duke's bowl down in my spot, and all heck broke loose. Duke immediately bolted for his bowl, I got all confused and wedged myself in between Daddy's legs, and Daddy found himself flat on his back on the kitchen floor. Somehow he managed to hold onto my bowl without spilling any, thereby avoiding total chaos. Still, it was quite an ordeal for all of us! I think Daddy learned his lesson though. He is now extra-extra careful when he feeds us. Or he just lets Mommy do it instead!

Pug Hugs ~ Gidget

5 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Winston said...

Hey guys,
Things are like that at my house too, except it is me and Daddy that mommy must seperate to ensure that each of us gets a chance to eat. Also, Gidget has been doing all the posts recently so I want my hero Duke to "phone home" with the safety word to let me know that he is still alive and well.

Concerned,
The Grand Duke

PS- Did you get the message that the Seattle pug meetup info has been moved to meetup.com

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

I also bark like a crazy man when the Woman is making my food. It makes Ian really mad, and he gets the ruler and threatens me with it. He smacks me on the tail when I don't listen, and it hurts. I try to listen when I see the ruler come out of the drawer, because I don't like getting stung with it!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Oscar said...

That's funny. I feel sorry for your Daddy. I have a morning ritual too and it confuses me when Mommy and Daddy don't do the same thing with me. I hear they may be moving my food dish somewhere in the house once they put up the Christmas tree. I'm not going to like that.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Sandy said...

We have a routine here, too. Do Not Mess Up The Routine!

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Deanna said...

Wow! Craziness at your house!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home